Thursday, January 15, 2009

Outlander: A Very Simple Movie.




My 1st movie review in a very long time, Outlander, when I watched the opening scene, I was filled with hope that the movie would be an interesting experience with a very in-depth storyline. Halfway into the movie.... I was wrong. The story was just too simple, here's the synopsis, don't be fooled by it:

"Outlander begins when a space craft crashes into the majestic fjords of ancient Norway and into the time of the Vikings. From the wreckage emerge two bitter enemies: a soldier from another world – Kainan – and a bloodthirsty creature known as the Moorwen. Man and monster both seek revenge for violence committed against them. As the Moorwen ravages the Viking world, killing everything in its path, Kainan forms an unlikely alliance with the primitive but fierce warriors. Combining his advanced technology with ancient Iron Age weapons, the hero leads a desperate attempt to kill the monster - before it destroys them all"

It was interesting to see a spaceship fall into ancient Norway and the story I expected was more. But in the end, it was just a story of hunting down the monster and killing it. The feeling was so childish that it felt as though I was watching a very random movie I just picked out 5 minutes before the movie played.

I'd give Outlander a 6/10, giving it a 6 because of a little coolness of the sword forged in the end and the artwork of the monster. Till next time!!!

No comments: