Monday, January 14, 2008

Back and blogging(again)/ Japan Trip Part 1: Peace Park

Ok, I'm back in the blogging business again, lolz, after my friends urged me to start blogging again and of course because i like blogging too, just been a bit lazy, anyway, I just came back from Japan from a Youth Exchange Programme organised by the Lions Club Of Malaysia(It was freaking awesome by the way!!!), felt like an alien on the 1st day. Immediately when I arrived at my host parents home, I felt like, wow, this is so like, out of my place, and was really homesick, this happened on the 1st few days as I tried to adjust to life in Japan. My host mother was kind enough to bring me to the peace museum to explore on my 2nd day there, the place where the A-bomb dropped, here are some pictures of the place.
click to comment
The A-Bomb Dome, now a World Heritage Site, when the A-Bomb was dropped, everybody inside was killed instantly, so darn sad.....

click to comment
A marble plaque explaining the about the A-Bomb dome.

click to comment
the statue on the left side was a poet who wrote a poem for the children who died during the bombing, the right statue is to remember the children who died during the bombing.

click to comment
This river is a very sad place, when the bombing occured, a lot of people were burned and a lot of them jumped into the river hoping that it would doused the fire burning their body, so basically, a lot of bodies was found in the river after the incident.....

click to comment
A look into the interior of the A-Bomb dome, we weren't allowed in it, so i could only take photos outside.

click to comment

click to comment
A brief history on the A-bomb dome, which used to be a business trading centre before the war happened, its was designed by a Czech, Jan Etzel, so thats why when you look at it at that time, it was totally different from the other buildings in Hiroshima.

Another look at the A-Bomb Dome
click to comment

click to comment

click to comment




click to comment
Another building that stayed intact after the blast, but miraculously, someone survived the blast in this building, he was in the basement when the explosion happened. He lived to be 80 years old, but not without effects from the radiation of the blast.

click to comment


A plaque explaining about the building.

click to comment
There is supposedly a small flame burning behind me, its the flame of peace or something, but the flame is so meager that I don't think you can see it in this picture.

click to comment
The A-bomb Cenotaph, where the inside contains all the registry of the deceased result of the A-Bomb attack, took the pic with ma host mother.
click to comment

click to comment
I don't know what this statue is here for, basically its all in japanese and when i ask my host mother what it meant, she just answered "wakarenai" meaning "I don't know", so who cares, I'm a blogger, just take a picture with it.


Thats all for now, next will be the peace memorial museum, tomorrow, I'll post the pics, till tomorrow!!!

No comments: